Monday, January 23, 2006

Can't Help But Care

Watching Manny Pacquiao demolished Eric Morales live via satellite in SM Cinema, like the other member of the male specie, his victory satisfied our thirst for blood. The consequence though, is I lost my voice cheering for Manny.

I can hear the ladies in the house, uttering voice of compassion for the fallen foe while the rest of us are shouting ' go for the kill Manny' !



This macho image, sometimes, is misconstrued as being heartless. But men (normal guys) are generally gentle.

As a father, disciplining my kids is a painful process, specially to me who will do the spanking (last resort). Anger is not directed to the person, but to the behavior. And even though the behavior is unacceptable, love is still present.

Recently, I discovered that two people dear to me got themselves in a situation that made me angry and upset. I can't believe that a person I mentored, supported and trusted is able to take advantage of another dear person who was attracted to him. I can't believe he failed to think about his wife and son and took advantage of the weakness of the other person.

While it may be a personal decision between two mature individuals, I can't help but feel frustrated. There are so many things that I would want to say...or not say...do... or not do...

But at the end, I can't help but CARE.

Be on their side to correct the situation and contain the damage...
Be on their side to recover ...
Be on their side to be a friend ...
Be on their side and set aside your own emotions ...

Love indeed is mysterious...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.